Wyndham Garden LBV is the closest resort to Disney Springs, and the best bang for your buck on Disney property. Just a quick seven minute walk (I timed it) to Disney Springs, how can you not love it? Offering a variety of accommodations, an amazing resort pool and outdoor dining, it’s a great getaway from the craziness right now.
For this visit, I was provided accommodations, however all opinions are my own.
Wyndham Garden LBV- Safe, fun and affordable
Take a look with me at why this is our favorite Official Walt Disney World Resort in Disney Springs. Yes, when you stay here you are in Walt Disney World, on property, in the magical bubble.
Since our visit last September, the garden rooms have undergone a full re-imagining, and I LOVE it. You enter to bright white furniture, pops of sea foam green and light wood highlights throughout. This room design is where functionality meets beauty; it is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it also acts as a multi-functional entertainment storage space with room to hang jackets, place luggage, and hideaway shoes in the under-bench area. Hidden spaces have also been created within the built-in entertainment center, which conceal a coffee maker and mini refrigerator, which come standard in each room. Storage is a MUST when traveling with your family, and there is no shortage in these rooms.
- 2 Double or 1 King Bed: 90% of inventory is double rooms as they cater to families. It is Disney World after-all.
- Separate shower/vanity area closed off from room with farmhouse door
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Refrigerator (not a micro fridge, can fit half gallon of milk and more)
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- 37 in” HD TV
- Pillow Top Mattress
- In-room Safe
- Blackout Blinds
These rooms are all exterior entry, each morning you step out into the warm Florida sun watching the palm trees sway.
The Oasis pool and Restaurant
Take a break from the Disney parks and enjoy a day poolside. The Oasis is just that, an escape from the world around you. Lined with palm trees, distanced seating from other families and tons of open outdoor space you won’t be disappointed.
Just added this spring is an all new kids play area with a soaking bucket, spray jets and a zero entry area. We love the pool at the Wyndham Garden, it is huge! You can also purchase pool floats or bring your own.
When you need a break from the heat pull up a chair at the all new bar and restaurant. It is fully shaded, and has fans. The menu ranges from fresh salads, to burgers and pizza. Also, make sure to grab a frozen concoction from the bar, I suggest the Blue Hawaiian or Blueberry Lemonade.
Pool Rules In Regards to Covid-19 Safety
- Pool area is for registered guests only. No outside visitors allowed
- Pool towels are available at the front desk
- Pool Hours: 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Hotel reserves the right to close the pool at any time
- No glass containers
- No smoking
- Any food and alcoholic beverages consumed in the pool area must be purchased from the Oasis Bar and Grill located poolside. No outside food and beverages are permitted in the pool area.
- Cabanas are for food and beverage dining only
- No animals allowed in the pool or pool area (exception of service animals)
- Children under 12 must have adult supervision
- No diving, jumping, running or horseplay
- Practice safe habits per CDC guidelines. Social distancing is important. Maintain 6 feet distance from others whenever possible
- If using Spa only one family/group of 6 people or less at a time. If other guests are waiting to use the Spa, please limit your time to 20 minutes. No children under 6 years of age permitted in Spa
Closest Resort To Disney Springs
Remember when I said that the Wyndham Garden LBV is the CLOSEST resort to Disney Springs? I wasn’t exaggerating, a leisurely seven minute walk via pedestrian bridge will have you right in the center of all the great Disney Springs action. We walked over each night for dinner and shopping.
When you arrive at Disney Springs you will have your temperature checked to enter. We walked in 100 degree temps with masks on and still had temps of 98. The masks won’t make your temperature rise.
Safety Is A Priority
The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista is taking the safety and health of their guests to a whole new level. This has always been a clean resort, with guest safety in mind, but they have added to the experience even more now.
Upon arrival at the resort I was greeted by a bellman in a mask, who showed me the one way entrance into the resort lobby. It is also very clearly marked on the ground.
The lobby is lined with distancing markers and tons of signage and hand sanitizer. I was greeted at the front desk by masked team members and plexi-glass dividers keeping us safely interacting. I was told the rules of the hotel, wear a mask in all public spaces, no housekeeping would be provided as to keep others out of my room (a bag is placed in room for soiled towels and trash), you can call the front desk for fresh towels and trash pick up. They were very upfront about everything, and I already felt safe.
We ask anyone entering our hotel, whether it be a guest or associate to:
- Avoid entering if you have a cough or fever
- Social Distancing is important. Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from others at all times. If 2 people are already in an elevator, please wait for the next one to arrive
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow if necessary
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary contact
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
My readers can take advantage of an exclusive rate for 2020 at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista. You won’t believe the rates!
Travel will not look the same for some time, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t travel if you are comfortable with it. I would absolutely return to the Wyndham, as they put their guests first.