Planning a Walt Disney World vacation can be overwhelming. With over 20 trips under my belt I wanted to share a few sure-fire Walt Disney World tips that I swear by. Hopefully this will make planning your Disney World vacation a little easier to navigate.
Walt Disney World Tips
Walt Disney World continues to grow and add so many new things. I know if I was planning my first visit I would be completely overwhelmed. I wish I knew many of these things before I planned my first family trip.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Set up an account in My Disney Experience. This is your hub to everything for your Disney World vacation. With this you can order Magic Bands, make Fast pass reservations, check wait times and so much more. My Disney Experience is available for both IOS and Android devices.
- Check-In online up to ten days before arrival. This will allow you to skip the front desk check in lines and receive a text when your room is ready. Since your Magic Band is the room key no need to wait. You can ask any cast member to point you in the direction of your room once you arrive if you are not familiar with your resort.
- Make dining reservations. Disney World table service dining; especially character dining books up very early and quick. You can make your dining reservations online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE up to 180 days before check in. Top 5 Restaurants for a First Visit
- If you are not renting a car, be sure to set up your Magical Express information. This will allow for seamless travel to/from the airport.
WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
All the planning is over and you have arrived, now it’s time for the fun to begin. These tips will keep you from wasting time in the parks, and allow you to use your time having fun.
- Visit the Concierge at check-in, they can give you all the best tips about your resort including FREE activities.
- If you are traveling with a stroller I can promise you it will be moved while you are on a ride. Attach a balloon or family sign to it so you can easily find it. For the evenings cover the handle with glow bracelets.
- Kids too small for Space Mountain? Mom and Dad you don’t have to miss out. Take advantage of rider swap and still enjoy all the big rides. Ask any cast member at ride entrance and they will assist you.
- Baby Care and First Aid centers are in every park and Disney Springs. Escape the craziness for a quiet feeding, or grab a Tylenol for yourself.
- Have your photos taken by Photopass photographers, they are free and you may find a great family photo hidden with silly ones. These photos are linked to your Magic Band and you can look at them in your My Disney Experience.
- If you are on the Disney Dining plan, use snack credits for big money items such as Dole Whip, Funnel Cake, Mickey Bars and more. Don’t waste it on a water or bagel!
These are my top ten tips in a nutshell. Do you have any tips to share?