Do you have a Lego lover in your family? The LEGO KidsFest is the ONLY LEGO sponsored event of it’s kind, KidsFest events sell out fast, be sure to get your tickets in advance if you want to attend. Five sessions, all identical and 4½ half hours in length are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOkidsfest.com. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
LEGO KidsFest kicks off its eighth year on the road with new tour stops and a return to some popular markets. New tour stops in 2016 include Charlotte, Harrisburg and Kansas City.
Charlotte, NC: Feb. 19-21 (Charlotte Convention Center)
Harrisburg, PA: April 8-10 (Farm Show Complex & Expo Center)
Kansas City, MO: May 13-15 (Kansas City Convention Center)
Louisville, KY: June 3-5 (Kentucky Exposition Center)
Milwaukee, WI: Oct. 7-9 (Wisconsin Center)
Houston, TX: Oct. 21-23 (NRG Center)
Cleveland, OH: Nov. 4-6 (I-X Center)
Covering more than three acres of space, the LEGO KidsFest extravaganza brings all of the hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experience together in an activity-filled event for all ages and builders of all skills.
“Our 2016 LEGO KidsFest tour is going to delight both new and returning audiences,” said Vince Rubino, Events Manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. “We’ve still got some favorites on the show floor, like the Big Brick Pile, Creation Nation and the Race Ramps. There are also many new and unique activities designed for building, learning and fun.”
Some of the activities at the shows include:
- LEGO Model Museum: life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Star Wars™: build and display a Star Wars model
- LEGO Disney™ Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
- LEGO Super Heroes: pose with a life-size Spiderman model and more
- LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail:purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
- LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
Don’t miss out on this yearly event, LEGO KidsFest is always a ton of fun!