Somehow we blinked and July 4th is staring us in the face. Whether you are hosting a party or going to someone else’s party here are some great recipes to share that wont last long.
July 4th Recipes
Jello Pudding Patriotic Pops
Unmold gelatins; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Add gelatin cubes; stir gently.
Spoon into 8 (5-oz.) paper cups. Insert wooden popstick into center of each. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Peel off cups before serving.
Red, White & Blue Fruit Pizza
1 pkg. (20 oz.) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookies, sliced
Line 12-inch pizza pan with Aluminum Foil; spray with cooking spray. Arrange cookie dough slices in single layer on bottom of prepared pan; press together to form crust.
Bake 14 to 16 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, remove cookie crust from prepared pan; place on plate.
Add COOL WHIP and 2 cups marshmallows to pudding; stir gently just until blended. Spread onto crust; top with fruit and remaining marshmallows.
2/3 cup red cinnamon candies
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (6 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen (thawed) orange juice concentrate (from 6-oz can)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) ginger ale
- 6 orange slices, cut in half
- 1 In 1-quart saucepan, cook cinnamon candies and 1 cup of the water over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until candies are melted; remove from heat. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2 In large punch bowl, stir candy mixture, remaining 3 cups water, the lemonade and orange juice concentrates until well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Just before serving, gently stir in ginger ale. Garnish with orange slices.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
3cans (28 ounces each) vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2 Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 5 hours (or high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes) or until desired consistency.