Hersheypark will be reopening July 3, and I have all the details you need for your visit to the Sweetest Place on Earth.
After a long closure this Spring, thanks Covid-19, Hersheypark has announced its plans to reopen for the 2020 season. We have been anxiously awaiting this announcement, since we are Season Pass-holders. Today, Hersheypark announced plans to welcome guests back on July 3, 2020, with exclusive days for Season Pass holders on July 1 and 2, 2020.
As part of the summer opening weekend, Hersheypark will debut Candymonium, the tallest, fastest, longest and sweetest coaster. The hyper-coaster features a lift height of 210 feet, max speed of 76 mph, and a track length of 4,636 feet with the most airtime of any coasterin the park. Candymonium spans 7 acres at the new entrance of Hershey’s Chocolatetown, a 23-acre development featuring an entirely reimaged arrival experience honoring the legacy of Milton S. Hershey.
“On behalf of the entire team at Hersheypark, we can’t wait to kick off our 114th season with familiar favorites and exciting additions like Candymonium,” said Vikki Hultquist, General Manager at Hersheypark. “As we prepare to welcome guests back to our clean and green destination for family fun, we want them to know that their health and safety has been and always will be our top priority at Hersheypark.”
Health and Safety
Hersheypark has implemented a variety of new safety initiatives to welcome guests back to a fun and safe environment based on the current guidance and requirements that have been issued from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and various industry organizations.
These efforts are outlined in the video below, featuring John Lawn, President & CEO, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, and Dr. Matthew Silvis, Director of Primary Care, Penn State Health Medical Group.
The new safety guidelines are detailed at www.Hersheypark.com/safety and include:
Increased Cleaning & Sanitization: Hersheypark will sanitize high-touch areas frequently and add sanitization stations throughout Hersheypark.
Guest Reservations System: A new reservation system will allow Hersheypark to follow state guidelines on capacity and allow guests to better plan their visit in advance.
Social Distancing: Hersheypark will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage, ground markings, and redesigned guest spaces.
Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings: All guests over the age of two are required to wear face coverings, except while dining and on certain attractions. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering Hersheypark.
Ride Protocols: Hersheypark will determine social distancing and sanitizing requirements on a ride-by-ride basis with new procedures as necessary.
Enhanced Team Member Training: All team members will undergo increased training on new protocols.
For more information, hours and tickets, visit www.Hersheypark.com.
Outside The Park
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park will also open to the public on June 22, 2020, with exclusive days for Zoo Annual Pass holders on June 19, and Zoo Annual Pass holders and Hersheypark Season Pass holders on June 20 and 21. For more information, visit www.ZooAmerica.com.
- The Official Resorts of Hersheypark: The Hotel Hershey luxury accommodation, Hershey Lodge resort and Hersheypark Camping Resort campground are open with new safety enhancements and various property amenities, including dining, pool and recreation offerings. Guests can enjoy savings with popular summer packages like the Hersheypark package, Kids Stay, Play & Eat FREE and 2-Day Stay & Play packages.
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey and MeltSpa by Hershey day spa will open Friday, June 19.
- Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar in downtown Hershey, Pa. is open for patio dining and curbside pickup from noon to 8 p.m. daily.
- Hershey’s Chocolate World is open for shopping and take out treats. You will need to get a FREE timed entry pass, and masks are required.
- Hershey Gardens will reopen on June 20, and online advanced ticket purchase is encouraged.