Halloween Horror Nights 2019 is quickly approaching. This year, the biggest Halloween event in the country will be held Sept 6- November 2, 2019. Last year was my first Halloween Horror Nights and I have to say it is absolutely worth all the hype.
Still debating if Halloween Horror Nights is right for you? Read my 7 Tips For Survival from my first event last year.
Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Guide
This year you will face your fears in ten elaborately themed haunted houses, and navigate through five harrowing scare zones. We only have part of this years houses announced and I have to say it is going to be an epic year of frights! When you need a break from the scares, you can ride any of the amazing attractions in Universal Studios.
Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Dates
Halloween Horror Nights runs select dates from September-November. You MUST purchase tickets in advance as most nights sell out, and you cannot buy tickets at the gate, especially on Saturday night.
- September – 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- October – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31
- November – 1, 2
HHN Tip: To avoid major crowds try to visit on a Wednesday or Thursday night.
2019 Halloween Horror Nights Houses
This year’s chilling maze picks up where last year’s maze left off, continuing the suspenseful storyline where a predatory entity terrorizes the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, and delving even further into the parallel universe, referred to as the Upside Down.
This was my first maze last year,and I have to say it was absolutely worth it! If you are a fan of this show you really need to experience this maze. It was scary, but not blood and guts, and perfect start to Halloween Horror Nights.
Nightingales: Blood Pit
From the twisted minds of Universal Orlando’s Entertainment team, guests will enter an all-new horrifying original story featuring nightingales, a grisly race of creatures, in Nightingales: Blood Pit. Guests will be transported to ancient Rome where they must escape the gladiator arena as the bloodthirsty nightingales begin to feed on the dead and dying. But with nothing to protect them, will they make it out alive or become part of history…
Guests will be hunted by every single grisly monster from the anthology, including Dracula, The Wolf Man and Frankenstein, in the all-new experience, “Universal Monsters.” Each sinister environment will bleed from one to the next as guests press through the darkened realms of horrifying creatures. Guests will face bloody terrors in Dracula’s castle and flee from what is behind the cryptic howls of the grim forest. They’ll run from the horrifying man-made monster within Dr. Frankenstein’s laboratory, and fall prey to an ancient Egyptian curse as they are pursued by the evil Mummy. Guests will try to escape the mysterious Creature lurking in the Black Lagoon, or become victims of other horrors waiting in the shadows.
Depths of Fear
The workers of a deep-sea mining company have found themselves in a dire situation. They’ve delved too deep and encountered a parasitic race of creatures that turn out to be deadly. Panic ensues as you find yourself encountering infected miners and acidic creatures. The pressure builds as the self-destruct sequence counts down to the inevitable implosion of the facility.
As you venture further into the depths, you’ll encounter the creatures known only as the “Mouthbrooders.” Picture being trapped in a claustrophobic mining installation underwater with a countless number of these slithering monsters. Your worst nightmares will come to life as these fiends spew flesh-eating acidic eggs at human hosts, and you witness miners being driven mad by the infection.
Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
Yeti: Terror of the Yukon will transport guests to an isolated logging camp in a remote part of Canada that’s all but uninhabitable. As they venture through the camp, they will quickly discover they are not alone and now must flee from a tribe of Yeti, beasts as brutal as the winter. If the cold doesn’t get them, the Yeti will…
Deep in the remote tundra of the Yukon, loggers and trappers seek refuge from the frigid grip of an arctic blizzard. But out in the darkness, a terror lurks far more dangerous than the deluge of snow and ice. These unfortunate souls have intruded into a territory that is haunted by their worst nightmares. Enter a logging camp that’s been torn apart, floors caked with snow, bones and gore. Right outside, screams are frozen on the faces of those who fled the towering monsters only to succumb to the elements. But there is no escape from beasts as brutal as the winter.
Just when you thought the only thing to fear was the elements, an icy terror will descend over you. Cringe at the trail of blood leading to caves none have lived to see. As you enter the labyrinth of caves, you’ll hear the screaming echoes of those who couldn’t escape the inevitable. If you survive long enough to see the end, you’re likely to find the remains of those who came before you and meet their same demise. You’re in Yeti territory now. They’re stone cold vicious and will stop at nothing for a taste of blood. If the cold doesn’t get you, they will.
In each maze, guests will follow in the footsteps of the Ghostbusters – Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston – as they venture through artfully recreated scenes from the film, including the firehouse, New York Public Library and the Temple of Gozer, as an army of ghoulish spirits, hideous specters and ectoplasm-dripping phantasms attack from every corner. As they delve deeper into the maze, guests will come face-to-face with an array of paranormal creatures, from the voracious Slimer to the all-powerful Gozer the Gozerian and in its ultimate destructor form – the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, to brave the demonic spirits and survive the night.
HHN Tip: Prepare yourself for long lines, for what is sure to be the most sought after house this year. If you have a valid park ticket you can wait in the Stay and Scream area once the park closes and be among the first in line when it re-opens for Halloween Horror Nights.
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Based on the cult 1980s film favorite, the “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” mazes will transport guests to the sleepy small town of Crescent Cove, taken over by a pack of murderous clown-like creatures. Guests will be lured by the sweet smell of cotton candy and ice-cream and find themselves in an otherworldly circus tent where they’ll come face-to-face with the crazed klowns and their sinister, side-splitting antics. As they make their way through the Big Top Space Ship, guests will witness diabolical klowns making cotton candy cocoons from unsuspecting victims and will realize the joke’s on them as they are next to become the gooey snack. From one shrieking klown to the next, the mazes will lead guests through the doomed community of Crescent Cove to an eerie amusement park closed for the season. Trapped in a terrifying funhouse full of killer klowns, guests will be left screaming as there’s no stopping this twisted three-ring circus.
The journey begins circa 1986 as guests follow in the footsteps of the young girl they first meet as Adelaide Wilson as she innocently ventures through a mirror funhouse at the Santa Cruz boardwalk and has a fateful and traumatic encounter with her tethered doppelgänger, an event that will forever alter both of their lives. The harrowing experience will then transition to present day, thrusting guests into the chaos of “The Tethered” uprising as they emerge from their tunnels to murder their privileged doubles in a nationwide coordinated act of rebellion.
Created by the twisted minds of Universal Orlando’s Entertainment team, Graveyard Games will transport guests to a haunted cemetery where vengeful spirits have been awakened from their graves. As guests venture through the graveyard in the dead of night, the ghastly apparitions will rise from their tombstones, ready to torment any soul who so foolishly disturbs them. But the graveyard is not meant for the living…and guests will soon realize that no one gets out alive.
You will navigate five scare zones filled with menacing scare-actors that will stalk your every move.
- Zombieland: Double Tap: As guests enter the streets of New York, they’ll be thrown into the world of Zombieland where they must escape bloodthirsty zombies or become a midnight snack.
- Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe: Inspired by the heavy metal horror music of Rob Zombie, guests will be surrounded by otherworldly beings, brutal maniacs and menacing machines all while they scream along to Zombie’s haunting lyrics on the streets of San Francisco.
- Anarch-cade: On Avenue of the Stars, guests will enter a sinister 80s-inspired arcade where they only get one life. Their fear will level up as they try to flee a band of neon slashers, highlighted in black lights, with chainsaws.
- Vikings Undead: Brutal, horn-helmeted warriors will rise from the grave and seize Central Park. Guests will become victims of these skeletal fighters and draugr, reanimated corpses who have channeled their vindictive rage into an endless onslaught of gore.
- Vanity Ball: On the streets of Hollywood, guests will quickly discover beauty is pain as they watch artists turn willing participants into horrific living works of art.
2019 Food and Drink
Stranger Things fans can enjoy Starcourt Mall inspired food stands!
- Hawkins Heroes: Choose from a variety of classic sandwiches – from a turkey, roast beef and ham hero served with Hawkins special sauce or a veggie hero topped with roasted Portobello mushrooms, squash and zucchini.
- Imperial Panda: Enjoy an orange chicken bao bun served with mouth-watering potstickers and ginger soy sauce.
- Merrill’s Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts: These donuts are served warm with cookie crumbs and green frosting – inspired by the mysterious decaying pumpkin patches in Hawkins, Indiana.
- Triple Decker Extravaganza: This popular waffle dessert filled with whipped cream and jelly beans returns to this year’s events, being the most popular dish from last year.
HHN Favorites & ‘80s Film Inspired Menu Items
- Trap Popcorn: Served in a Ghost Box container, try some salty Slimer-green popcorn from the Ghostbusters.
- Pizza Fries: A “Halloween Horror Nights” fan-favorite, they are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese.
- S’mores Fries: These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
- Twisted Tater: Choose from Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Salt and Vinegar.
- Specialty Drinks: From the tasty Syrup & Waffles and Candy Corn non-alcoholic frozen drinks to ‘80s inspired cocktails like the “Blood Pit-Fuzzy Navel” and “Vampire’s Curse”, with the cocktails coming in collectible cups.
Academy of Villains – Altered States
Academy of Villains returns in an epic experiment of mind and body. Man’s true nature is dragged out into the dark, gothic streets of anarchy. This wickedly talented group of artists is back for an all-new performance featuring a killer mix of visionary dance and extraordinary theatrics.
“Halloween Marathon of Mayhem” Lagoon show
The screams featured at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights will come to life in a whole new way with the debut of the nighttime lagoon show, “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem.” Guests will watch as terrifying moments inspired by some of the Halloween classics taking over the event come to life right before their eyes in the Universal Studios Florida lagoon.
Giant water screens highlighting iconic horror scenes, accented with more than 100 fountains, awesome special effects, pounding electro music, lasers and more will bring this all-new experience to life – creating a larger-than-life mix tape that guests won’t want to miss. Guests will witness a twisted new take on Netflix’s Stranger Things, Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s Killer Klowns from Outer Space as they invade the Universal Studios lagoon for “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem,” running on event nights at the world’s premier Halloween event.
I will be updating this guide as soon as more information is announce from the Universal Orlando Resort team.