Chocolate Covered February is back in Hershey, PA and this year will be sweeter than ever! Take a look with me at all of the sweet fun you can have in The Sweetest Place on Earth this February!
Chocolate Covered February
Hershey, PA is offering a month full of sweet experiences that everyone will love. Chocolate Covered February takes place throughout the month with over 90 chocolate-inspired events to take part in. Did you know that Hershey is much more than a theme park and chocolate factory? This year-round destination offers something for families, couples and girls getaways even when the world class theme park is closed.
There is something for everyone, including Wine & Chocolate Pairings, Chocolate-Covered February Parades, Dessert Buffets and Hershey Character Breakfasts.
Hershey’s Chocolate World
There is no better place to start your day than at Hershey’s Chocolate World. The highlight of the event kick-off is the Chocolate Sculpture that will be unveiled on February 1 at 11 am. There is no cost for admission to Hershey’s Chocolate World, so what you do is completely up to you.
- Chocolate Inspired Tasting– Taste the love with your friends, family, or a loved one for this delightful tasting! Become a chocolate connoisseur as you taste a combination of six chocolate-inspired foods and drinks while uncovering unique culinary techniques with a behind the scenes reporter! Each experience is 45 minutes in length. Recommended for ages 14 and older. $15 per person.
- Hershey’s Character Parade – Hersheypark may be closed for the season but that doesn’t mean you can’t experience the Hersheypark Band and fun Characters. Every Saturday and Sunday, guests of Hershey’s Chocolate World can enjoy a fun performance and parade at 11 am and 2 pm.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Tour– This free tour gives you a behind the scenes look at how your favorite chocolate bars are made!
Be sure to grab a bite to eat in the Food Court, or a sweet treat from the Bakery. On a cold day I love the chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl. If it’s not too cold try one of the candy inspired specialty milkshakes, heck even if it is cold, treat yourself.
During Chocolate Covered February, ZooAmerica will be offering two unique opportunities.
- You can experience all the Zoo has to offer every Friday for 50% OFF Regular and Junior/Senior tickets! Cannot purchase online.
- Visit ZooAmerica every Saturday in February to watch some of the mammals enjoy a chocolate-themed treat! Each weekend will feature a different animal.
- February 1 | Grey Wolf
- February 8 | Bobcat
- February 15 | Mountain Lion
- February 22 | Black Bears
- February 29 | Canada Lynx
The Hershey Story Museum
This interactive Museum is in the heart of downtown Hershey and provides hours of indoor fun. During Chocolate Covered February, guests can enjoy a variety of activities. There is an admission fee and that is $12.50 for adults (13-61) and $9 for kids (3-12).
- Chocolate Lab – We love the Chocolate Lab Classes. Each class is 45 minutes long and is offered for ages four and up. For each class, participants will make a delicious sweet treat to take home. Chocolate Covered February classes include: The Heart of Chocolate, Try It With Truffles, Berry Lovely Bar and Truffles for Couples. You do need to purchase tickets for this event, as it is timed.
- Preschool Story Time – Children ages 3-5 years old can enjoy story time. Each week will have a different theme, and participation is free. Preschool Story Time will be held in the museum’s lower-level classroom. Registration not required. Free admission.
Preschool Story Time themes:
Feb. 6 – My Five Senses
Feb. 13 – Valentines
Feb. 20 – Wintertime Fun
Feb. 27 – I Like Me!
- Hershey’s Candies and Curiosities – Kids can have fun learning the history of Hershey’s Kisses through interactive activities, such as hand wrapping and packing Kisses like workers did in the original factory. Families can also participate in a fun scavenger hunt and learn more about Hershey’s chocolate, Hershey the town, and Mr. Hershey himself. Participants will receive a sweet treat after the hunt, courtesy of The Hershey Company. Included in admission.
The Hershey Bears
This year the Hershey Bears get in on the action during the kick-off weekend for Chocolate Covered February. If you haven’t been to a Bears game you are really missing out on a huge family fun night out.
During Saturday’s game there are a few fun events.Be sure to watch as the Hershey Bears take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms! Plus, to celebrate Chocolate-Covered February, there will be a Hershey’s Character Party where a variety of Hershey’s Characters will be on site to interact with fans. Players will be wearing Chocolate-Covered themed jerseys during the game that will be auctioned off post game to benefit local charities. At the end of the game on Saturday, February 1, all fans will receive Hershey Candy courtesy of The Hershey Company.
Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar
One of our favorite places to dine in Hershey is Houlihan’s on Chocolate Avenue! It’s family friendly and has amazing food. Here are the special offerings for February.
- Chocolate Mini Martini flight
White chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate raspberry
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel
Faber Chocolate Vodka, Stoli Salted Karamel Vodka + Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur. Served up with a chocolate and caramel rim with a blend of cocoa powder + salt
- Bitter Sweet Cherry
Faber Chocolate Vodka + Averna Amaro served on the rocks with an Amerena cherry garnish
Nutrageous crunch pie, topped with kaluha, chocolate, caramel sauce and finished with Hershey pieces
Enjoy plate dates with the Hershey Characters on February 6, 13, 20 and 27 kids eat for $1.99 with purchase of an entree. Hershey Characters to be there from 5:30-7pm.
Devon Seafood and Steak
Another great spot on Chocolate Avenue is Devon Seafood and Steak, it is perfect for a date night! Enjoy a 3-course prix fixe chocolate-inspired menu the entire month of February!
First Course: Cocoa Dusted Scallops OR Beef Satay, Mole Aioli
Second Course: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, White Chocolate Gremolata, choice of sides OR Macadamia encrusted Opah, White Chocolate beurre blanc, grilled asparagus and mixed berries.
Third Course: Chocolate Crème Brulee OR Chocolate Velvet Cake
Additional Offerings : Cocoa butter with Smoked Sea Salt offered with Biscuits. Option to have Steak seasoned with Cocoa Coffee rub.
The Hershey Lodge
We adore the Hershey Lodge as it’s perfect for families, and has a warm and cozy feel year round. During Chocolate Covered February they will be adding a few special events.
- Chocolate Martini Mixology Class – No trip to Hershey is complete without having a chocolate martini. If you haven’t had one, you have no clue what you are missing. For this special class guests 21 and up can learn how to make this signature Hershey cocktail. Each guest will also get to take home their own Hershey Lodge martini glass. This event takes place 2/1 and 2/15 and reservations are required.
- Chocolate and Spirits Pairing Class with Chef Demonstration – Learn all about Bourbons, Scotches, Cognac and more while finding each drink’s perfect chocolate match. Attendees will also learn how to make some delicious menu items during chef demonstrations. This event takes place 2/22 and reservations are required.
- Character Breakfast – On February 22 from 7 am-11 am, Fire and Grain Hershey’s Characters will be on hand to meet and greet guests for this breakfast event. Buffet Pricing (does not include tax and gratuity): Adults: $24.95; Children (Ages 9-12): $12.95; Children (Ages 4-8): $9.95; Children (Ages 3 and under): Free. Recommended for families. Reservations required, call 717-534-8601.
The Hotel Hershey
The Hotel Hershey is known for its beautiful accommodations, five-star cuisine, and world-class spa. They have joined in the Chocolate Covered fun and added a few amazing special events. These events are geared more towards adults, and would make for a perfect couples or girls getaway weekend.
- Chocolate Dinner Extraordinaire – Kick off Chocolate Covered February on January 31, with a 5-course meal. The Hotel Hershey® welcomes you for an exceptional 5-course chocolate-infused dinner from our new Executive Chef Nicholas Arnold, to kick off the Chocolate-Covered February festivities! This event is for adults 21+ only. $94.50 per person (inclusive of tax & gratuity); add a wine pairing with dinner: $54 per person (inclusive of tax & gratuity). Limited seating; Reservations required, call 717-534-8800 or book online.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Dessert Buffet – Families and couples can enjoy an incredible buffet filled with chocolate treats located within the gorgeous Fountain Lobby. The Dessert Buffet takes place every Saturday in February 7 pm-9 pm, and reservations are required.
- Chocolate Tea – Couples and families can enjoy delicious finger sandwiches, chocolate desserts and a variety of hot and cold teas in The Fountain Lobby. Reservations are required.
- Wine and Chocolate Pairing – Guests 21 and older can enjoy delicious flavor combinations with wonderful wine and chocolate pairings. Events take place every Saturday in February at 4 pm and reservations are required.
- Chef Demonstration – Learn from the best as you watch a chef from The Hotel Hershey prepare an exquisite chocolate infused savory meal or dessert. This event is FREE and takes place every Saturday at 11 am.
- Chocolate Spa Treatments- What better place to celebrate Chocolate-Covered February than The Spa At The Hotel Hershey, affectionately known as The Chocolate Spa. Indulge in their decadent Chocolate Spa Sampler or Chocolate Escape packages or experience one of their signature chocolate treatments like the Chocolate Immersion, Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry or Cocoa Facial Experience. No matter which you choose, the pampering will be like no other.
From great dining, to special events you will surely make sweet memories during Chocolate Covered February in Hershey, PA.
As a member of the Sweetest Families program, I am provided passes to Hershey events, programs and activities in order to share their sweet offerings.