Hooray for National Days. I wont call them holidays because, well they aren’t. Did you know May 15 is National Chocolate Chip Day?
I am sharing my two favorite chocolate chip treats with you today. As with all of my recipes they are quick, easy and fun for the whole family to make.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- Let cool and serve warm with milk
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Which tasty treat will you make to enjoy this celebration?