Camping is hugely popular right now, because it is one way to vacation and have your own space. You aren’t in a resort or hotel, and you control who is around you. While we aren’t big on camping, many of my friends are and I asked them what the best spots are in Pennsylvania.
Camping In Pennsylvania
Camping in Pennsylvania is vast, as there are many attractions, trails and more to explore in The Keystone State. There’s no better way to enjoy the natural beauty of northcentral PA, a hike in the Pocono Mountains, or mountain biking in the Alleghenies than by camping in Pennsylvania.
- Hersheypark Camping Resort– This is one of our favorite spots in Central PA! Located in the Sweetest Place on Earth, you really cannot go wrong. And it’s open year round! The 300-acre, full-service campground accommodates RVs and tents and also has furnished log cabins.
2. Drummerboy Camping Resort– Looking for a historical camping trip? Look no farther than Gettysburg, PA! Drummer Boy Camping Resort is located just outside of Gettysburg National Military Park, and provides the perfect retreat. From tent camping, to RV hookups and cottages for rent your family has many options.
Drummer Boy Camping Resort combines the History of Gettysburg and the iconic Battlefields with modern amenities such as mini-golf, game room, golf cart rentals, whirlpool spa, two swimming pools, 250′ water slide and more. If you are looking for a Gettysburg getaway and some time unplugged, this is the place for you.
3. Cherry Springs State Park- An astronomer’s dream, Cherry Springs State Park boasts some of the darkest skies and brightest stars on the Eastern Seaboard. The park has 30 campsites with picnic areas and is open the second Friday of April through the last weekend in October.
4. Beaver Valley Family Campground- Beaver Valley Family Campground is less than 5 miles from Lake Nockamixon State Park and Bucks County River Country. Offering lodging ranging from wooded and open RV and tent sites to air-conditioned cabins, the campground also has amenities that include a game room, swimming pool, and basketball courts.
5. Pocono Mountain Resorts- Otter Lake Camp Resort in Marshalls Creek and Mountain Vista Campground in East Stroudsburg provide traditional campground experiences while keeping each member of the family entertained with various, seasonal outdoor activities. For those that prefer to rest their head indoors, Mountain Springs Lake Resort in Reeders has fully furnished cabins and cottages with access to fishing and hiking on 325 acres of emerald forests.
As you can see there is no shortage of great camping in Pennsylvania. If you are looking for other options check-out my 7 Spots To Camp In The Mid-Atlantic.