Hersheypark is growing by leaps and bounds, and clearly claiming its spot on the top U.S. Theme Parks list. Having just opened for the 2019 summer season Hersheypark debuts a new attraction, new park entrance and new food items. It’s a great time for a summer trip to Hershey.
Hersheypark: What’s New For 2019
Hersheypark is our favorite local theme park, seeing so many changes this year, has us excited for what is to come. We will talk about that later, for now let’s talk about what you can expect this summer!
New Park Entrance
Forget the Hersheypark entrance you once knew, the little village is gone and a wider pathway has been set. This is of course to make way for Chocolatetown (coming in 2020). When you get off at the tram, the height measurement area is now directly off the tram circle, as well as stroller and ECV rentals. There are a few temporary shops, and bathrooms along the path as well. My favorite part is that the HUGE hill has been graded and you have a much flatter entrance into the park.
New Attraction: Reese’s Cupfusion
This brand new attraction is an all new interactive gaming ride and fun for the whole family. Become an agent, protect the factory, and ensure the world is never deprived of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. This fun ride features the most targets in the world and six ways to play! Will you help guard the Crystal Cup this summer?
Just outside of Cupfusion, you will notice two kiddie attractions that got a little theme change. The Minty Bees and Misfit Bugs are sure to delight your little ones.
New Dining Experiences
Hersheypark has really improved its dining options over the last few years, and this year is no exception. You can now find food trucks throughout the park featuring Chick-Fil-A (closed on Sunday), Nathan’s Hot Dogs and a Kosher Truck (closed on Saturday to observe the sabbath).
Also new this year are Summer Dining Events featuring all you can eat picnics. The Star Spangled Picnic will be held July 4,5,6 & 7 and the Labor Day Weekend Picnic will be held August 31, Sept 1 & 2. The pricing is $15.50 for ages 8 and up, and $10.50 for ages 3-8 when purchased in advance. Depending on availability you may be able to purchase the same day. Some of the featured items are Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pulled 24 Hour Pork BBQ, Macaroni & Cheese, Potato Salad, Watermelon, Chips , assorted ice cream novelties and other sweet treats. There is also a cash bar available.
The Smokehouse has upgraded its menu and I have tried these new items first hand. Be sure to get a side of mac and cheese with your brisket meal, it is fantastic!
- Smoked Brisket – Thinly sliced and served with BBQ sauce. Valid for All Day Dining and Summer Season Dining plans.
- Monkey Bread – Individual sized monkey bread
- Peanut Butter Trifle– Chocolate Cake and Peanut Butter Icing layered in a souvenir Mason Jar
The Outpost has added new gluten free options as well this year, including a Southwest Chicken Wrap, Turkey Club Wrap and Spinach Artichoke Flatbread.
What’s a trip to Hershey without some sweet treats? This year debuts a few new in park only treats.
King Size Shakes
- Cupfusion King Size Shake – chocolate peanut butter shake topped with a peanut butter tart and chocolate covered pretzels
- Slither and Squirm King Size Shake – chocolate shake topped with a gummy worm chocolate cupcake and chocolate covered pretzels
- Mint the Merciless King Size Shake – mint chocolate shake topped with mint chocolate cake roll and chocolate covered pretzels
- Funnel cake bowl filled with chocolate peanut butter ice cream and topped with Reese’s candies, peanut butter syrup, and whipped cream.
- Commander Cup Dipped Dessert – edible peanut butter cookie dough dipped in chocolate and covered in yellow and orange sprinkles
- Mint the Merciless Dipped Dessert – edible brownie batter dough dipped in chocolate and covered in crushed Hershey’s Mint Cookie Crunch Bars
- Hershey’s cheesecake – cheesecake dipped in chocolate and covered in crushed Oreos, topped with a Cookies n crème Pip
Fast Track Unlimited
The Hersheypark Fast Track program seems to evolve each season, this year they have a new unlimited option for purchase.
There are now three Fast Track options available, and pricing does vary depending on the time of year you are visiting.
Fast Track allows you to skip the regular line once for each of the 14 featured attractions.
Fast Track Unlimited allows you to skip the regular line on all 14 featured attractions all day long.
Add on Whitecap Racer attraction and Breakers Edge® Water Coaster to your Fast Track or Fast Track Unlimited to extend the fun to 16 attractions.
Read more about the Fast Track program and purchase your plan here.
Are you ready for a trip to Hersheypark this summer?