Hershey is synonymous with chocolate, and what better way to celebrate this decadent treat than during Chocolate Covered February. In case you haven’t heard, I am going to be bringing you lots of great news and fun from Hershey this year, as I was chosen as a Sweetest Families Ambassador for 2019. Take a look with me at all of the sweet fun you can have in Hershey, PA this February!
Chocolate Covered February
Hershey, PA is offering a month full of sweet experiences that everyone will love. Chocolate Covered February takes place throughout the month with over 90 chocolate-inspired events to take part in. Did you know that Hershey is much more than a theme park and chocolate factory? This year-round destination offers something for families, couples and girls getaways even when the park is closed.
Hershey’s Chocolate World
There is no better place to start your day than at Hershey’s Chocolate World. The highlight of the event kick-off is the Chocolate Sculpture that will be unveiled on February 2 at 10 am. There is no cost for admission to Hershey’s Chocolate World, so what you do is completely up to you.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Covered Journey – For only $10/person, chocolate connoisseurs can taste 6 chocolate inspired drinks and foods all around Chocolate World. The event takes place every Saturday and Sunday in February.
- Hershey’s Character Parade – Hersheypark may be closed for the season but that doesn’t mean you can’t experience the Hersheypark Band and fun Characters. Every Saturday and Sunday, guests of Hershey’s Chocolate World can enjoy a fun performance and parade at 11 am and 2 pm.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Tour– This free tour gives you a behind the scenes look at how your favorite chocolate bars are made!
Be sure to grab a bite to eat in the Food Court, or grab a sweet treat from the Bakery. On a cold day I love the chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl. If it’s not too cold try one of the candy inspired specialty milkshakes.
During Chocolate Covered February, ZooAmerica will be offering two unique opportunities.
- Every Friday, admission is only $6 for everyone. While you might not love being outside in the winter months, some of the animals such as the wolves and polar bears do, and will be more playful.
- On select days in February, guests can watch zookeepers feed the animals chocolate themed treats. What a fun way to learn more about the animals that inhabit ZooAmerica.
The Hershey Story Museum
This interactive Museum is in the heart of downtown Hershey and provides hours of indoor fun. During Chocolate Covered February, guests can enjoy a variety of activities. There is an admission fee and that is $12.50 for adults (13-61) and $9 for kids (3-12).
- Chocolate Lab – We love the Chocolate Lab Classes. Each class is 45 minutes long and is offered for ages four and up. For each class, participants will make a delicious sweet treat to take home. Chocolate Covered February classes include: The Heart of Chocolate, Try It With Truffles, Lovely Bar and Truffles for Couples. You do need to purchase tickets for this event, as it is timed.
- Preschool Story Time – Children ages 3-5 years old can enjoy story time. Each week will have a different theme, and participation is free. Story Time will take place 2/7, 2/14, 2/21 and 2/28.
- Hershey’s Candies and Curiosities – February 14-18, kids will have a blast learning all about the art of making Hershey’s Kisses. There will be interactive activities, a scavenger hunt and sweet treats. This event is included with admission to the museum.
Devon Seafood + Steak
New for 2019, they will offer truffle and wine/spirit pairings on Sundays in February. On Wednesday, Feb. 20, the restaurant will host a five-course chocolate-infused dinner. Additional chocolate menu items will be featured throughout the month.
Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar
A great place to take the kids to eat after exploring The Hershey Story Museum is Houlihan’s. In February they will feature chocolate mini martini flights and other chocolate-inspired drinks and desserts.
The Hershey Lodge
We adore the Hershey Lodge as it’s perfect for families, and has a warm and cozy feel year round. During Chocolate Covered February they will be adding a few special events.
- Chocolate Martini Mixology Class – No trip to Hershey is complete without having a chocolate martini. If you haven’t had one, you have no clue what you are missing. For this special class guests 21 and up can learn how to make this signature Hershey cocktail. Each guest will also get to take home their own Hershey Lodge martini glass. This event takes place 2/1 and 2/15 and reservations are required.
- Chocolate and Spirits Pairing Class with Chef Demonstration – Learn all about Bourbons, Scotches, Cognac and more while finding each drink’s perfect chocolate match. Attendees will also learn how to make some delicious menu items during chef demonstrations. This event takes place 2/9 and 2/23 and reservations are required.
- Character Breakfast – On February 24 from 7 am-11 am, Fire and Grain will host a sweet buffet breakfast with some very special guests. In addition to being greeted by your favorite characters, guests will also be entertained by the Hersheypark Band.
The Hotel Hershey
The Hotel Hershey is known for its beautiful accommodations, five-star cuisine, and world-class spa. They have joined in the Chocolate Covered fun and added a few amazing special events. These events are geared more towards adults, and would make for a perfect couples or girls getaway weekend.
- Chocolate Dinner Extraordinaire – Kick off Chocolate Covered February on February 1 with a 5-course meal in the Castilian Room. Reservations are required and seating is limited.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Dessert Buffet – Families and couples can enjoy an incredible buffet filled with chocolate treats located within the gorgeous Fountain Lobby. The Dessert Buffet takes place every Saturday in February 7 pm-9 pm, and reservations are required.
- Chocolate Tea – Couples and families can enjoy delicious finger sandwiches, chocolate desserts and a variety of hot and cold teas in The Fountain Lobby. Reservations are required. This event takes place 2/2, 2/9, 2/16 and 2/23.
- Wine and Chocolate Pairing – Guests 21 and older can enjoy delicious flavor combinations with wonderful wine and chocolate pairings. Events take place every Saturday in February at 4 pm and reservations are required.
- Chef Demonstration – Learn from the best as you watch a chef from The Hotel Hershey prepare an exquisite chocolate infused savory meal or dessert. This event is FREE and takes place every Saturday at 11 am.
- Chocolate Spa Treatments- What better place to celebrate Chocolate-Covered February than The Spa At The Hotel Hershey, affectionately known as The Chocolate Spa. Indulge in their decadent Chocolate Spa Sampler or Chocolate Escape packages or experience one of their signature chocolate treatments like the Chocolate Immersion, Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry or Cocoa Facial Experience. No matter which you choose, the pampering will be like no other.
From great dining, to special events you will surely make sweet memories during Chocolate Covered February in Hershey, PA.
As a member of the Sweetest Families program, I am provided passes to Hershey events, programs and activities in order to share their sweet offerings.