EPCOT can be just as exciting for preschool aged kids as it is for adults. Anyone I have ever talked to with little kids says, we won’t go to EPCOT there is nothing for kids there. Trust me, there are plenty of “must dos” for the little ones at EPCOT.
EPCOT Preschool Guide
EPCOT consists of two areas-World Showcase and Future World. Let’s take a look at all of the fun your little ones can have while exploring EPCOT at Walt Disney World. Be sure not to miss the nightly fireworks around the lagoon, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.
Living with the Land
Living with the Land shares the importance of growing crops, farming, and agriculture. This is a small indoor boat ride that takes you through greenhouses with Mickey shaped lemons, herbs, and vegetables that are used in the Disney restaurants. It is a fun and educational attraction.
You can’t miss this attraction, as it is the centerpiece of the park. This is great for the little ones for many reasons. This is a slow moving “tour” attraction, and is a welcome break from the Florida sun. It’s also a 15 minute ride, so it’s a welcome break from the stroller for them, and gets you off your feet. There are interactive fun stations as you leave, let the kids stretch their legs and play to get the wiggles out before getting back into the stroller.
Pro Tip: Don’t ride this first, wait until mid day or before you leave the park as that is when lines will be shortest.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Join Nemo under the sea as you board a “clam mobile”. As you move along in the Big Blue World, all of your favorite Nemo characters make an appearance. What’s really fun is, as you get to the end, you see Nemo and his friends swimming along with real salt water fish in an aquarium.
Advanced Training Lab
The smallest space explorers will be inspired to reach for the stars as they crawl through wormholes in a fun interactive playground, while older cadets play digital games that prep them for future missions.
Turtle Talk with Crush
Join Crush for a little turtle talk. He shares fun facts about sea life, and fields questions from the kids in the audience. Each show is unique, and provides really fun interaction with Crush.
After you finish chatting with Crush, be sure to explore Bruce’s Shark World play area. This is another great place to cool off and let the kids break free from the stroller.
Journey into Imagination with Figment
This may be one of the most beloved attractions in EPCOT as Figment has quite the fan following. This silly ride takes you along on a adventure of the imagination. Little ones will love learning and laughing about the 5 senses—sound, sight, smell, touch and taste—on this madcap musical tour with Figment.
The Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Cabelleros
Located in the Mexico Pavilion in World Showcase kids will have a great time on this boat ride with Donald Duck and Friends. You will even ride through the middle of a restaurant! Hilarity and hijinks ensue as the birds go in hot pursuit of their wayward friend, Donald, throughout this fun-filled ride.
Frozen Ever After
Hoist the sails in Arendelle aboard an ancient Norwegian vessel as you set out into the wondrous wintery world of Frozen with Anna and Elsa. Your little Princess will want to ride this more than once.
Pro Tip: Be sure to get a Fastpass for this attraction, as it is one of the most popular in EPCOT
Kidcot Fun Stops
Exploring World Showcase pavilions is fun and entertaining for kids at the Kidcot Fun Stops. With art supplies provided at each pavilion, you and your family can draw, color and collect activity cards at every country throughout World Showcase. Listen to Cast Members share stories about their native countries as kids create a special keepsake from that country.
Where to Find Kidcot Fun Stops
- Mexico Pavilion (near Animales Fantasticos)
- Norway Pavilion (at The Puffin’s Roost)
- China Pavilion (near the exit of Reflections of China)
- Germany Pavilion (at Volkunst)
- Italy Pavilion (outside, near La Bottega Italiana)
- American Adventure Pavilion (outside, near Heritage Manor Gifts)
- Japan Pavilion (in the Bijutsu-kan Gallery)
- Morocco Pavilion (at the Marketplace in the Medina)
- France Pavilion (at Souvenirs de France)
- United Kingdom Pavilion (at The Toy Soldier)
- Canada Pavilion (at the exit of O Canada!)
Meet Your Favorite Characters
No Disney trip is complete without meeting your favorite friends. EPCOT is the perfect place to meet your Disney friends. Stroll along the World Showcase and you will find Mary Poppins, Donald Duck, Mulan, Snow White, Aladdin, Jasmine, Belle, Daisy, Alice and Aurora. You never know who may show up, check your times guide for exact locations. Also, in EPCOT you can meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Goofy in the Character Spot. You may even catch Chip & Dale or Stitch. EPCOT is one of the top spots for great character meet and greets, and doesn’t require a costly meal to get them. Don’t forget to pack your child’s autograph book, so they can always have these memories of meeting their favorite friends at Disney.
Dining With Preschoolers
If you are looking for a fun dining experience with your little ones in EPCOT you have some great options.
- Garden Grill offers Chip ‘n’ Dales Harvest Feast character Dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu highlights include: a harvest-inspired farmer’s salad, home-style pot roast and all-natural sliced turkey with gravy.
- Her Highness the Queen is holding a feast in honor of the best-loved Storybook Princesses, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dine in a medieval castle as Disney Princesses and Friends mingle with Guests to give autographs and pose for pictures.All who attend the royal banquet can expect to meet several of the following Disney Characters:
- Snow White
- Princess Aurora
- Marvel at the multicolored magnificence of a living coral reef while you dine! Panoramic windows give every table an insider view into the awesome, underwater world of The Seas with Nemo & Friends. No characters are at this meal, but the aquarium will keep the kids plenty entertained.
As you can see there is so much for preschoolers to see and do at EPCOT! Be sure not to skip this park because you think it’s only for adults. It really is fun for the whole family!