Summer at Disney Parks from coast to coast will be full of all new fun in 2017. Take a look with me at everything you will find at Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
Summer of Fun at Disney Parks
Anchored by two amazing new experiences – one an alien planet where mountains float and Banshees fly, the other an epic adventure inviting a breathtaking drop into the world of Super Heroes – Disney parks on both coasts are poised to make summer 2017 a season like none other. It all begins May 27, with the debuts of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Walt Disney World Resort and Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at the Disneyland Resort.
Throughout the season, guests at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts will experience the kind of sensational adventures only Disney can create.
Walt Disney World Resort
Pandora – The World of Avatar, opens May 27! Discover an all-new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Visitors will be transported to a mystical world of bioluminescent rainforests, floating mountains and soaring banshees. In collaboration with filmmaker James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment, Disney is bringing to life the fantasy world of Pandora, inspired by Cameron’s epic film AVATAR. Guests will fly above the jungles of Pandora while riding on a mountain banshee on the thrilling Avatar Flight of Passage. You will board reed boats for Na’vi River Journey, a family friendly excursion down a rain-forest river to see the Na’vi Shaman of Songs.
From the photos I have seen online so far this looks stunning and unlike any Disney attraction to date.
The stunning world of Pandora headlines a full lineup of new attractions at Walt Disney World Resort. From the theme parks, water parks, resorts and Disney Springs, there’s something new in every corner of this world.
- A dazzling new after-dark show, Rivers of Light, treats Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests to a celebration of nature in an experience that features water, floats, projections, fire and light choreographed to an original musical score.
- A new nighttime experience premieres at Disney’s Hollywood Studios May 26. A full orchestra will provide the soundtrack for a 40-minute visual journey into The Music of Pixar LIVE!
- Additional movie replicas from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story welcome guests to Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- A new family-friendly raft adventure, Miss Adventure Falls, recently debuted at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park.
- A May 12 opening is set for “Happily Ever After,” the most spectacular fireworks display in the history of the Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Springs rocks out with more new, food and beverage locations to complete its transition from Downtown Disney.
Outrageous and irreverent characters from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, comics and animated series lead guests on a high-energy adventure in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure Park. The chaotic and hilarious adventure combines a breathtaking free-fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects, plus the attraction’s “awesome mix tape” of music inspired by the films’ soundtracks.
Guests will board a gantry lift for multiple, random ride experiences in a pulse-pounding rise and fall as they join Rocket, one of the most unusual heroes a guest will encounter, in a daring plan to free the captive Guardians from The Collector’s Fortress. Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! is the cornerstone of the summertime celebration, Summer of Heroes, where guests will enjoy Super Hero encounters; an awesome dance-off featuring Star-Lord and Gamora; and, for a limited time, a challenging “Avengers Training Initiative” for young recruits.
As Disney California Adventure unveils the sensational new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes, exciting experiences will be found all across the Disneyland Resort this summer. Specific dates for some will be announced soon.
- Guests have a chance to be dazzled by the beloved and iconic “Main Street Electrical Parade,” with an extended run through Aug. 20.
- The spectacular nighttime “Fantasmic!” show re-opens at Disneyland this summer, and the classic Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions return to delight park guests.
- Also in Disneyland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy adventures at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Across both parks, guests will meet characters familiar and new – from Moana and Chewbacca to the stars of Summer of Heroes, including Groot, Captain America and Spider-Man. Photos with Groot are sure to be a big hit as he makes his first appearance in a Disney park.
- “Disney Junior Dance Party” debuts Friday, May 26, at Disney California Adventure, creating a fun concert experience where adults and kids can sing and dance along to the music. Popular Disney Junior characters from Disney Junior TV shows “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First” and “The Lion Guard” will be joined by characters from the new series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers.”
All of these new experiences add up to a thrilling summer at Disney Parks, with blockbuster excitement awaiting guests at parks on both coasts.