Disney is fun for kids of every age. On the surface it looks like most things are for girls. That could not be father from the truth. There is plenty for boys to see and do in Walt Disney World. Take a look at my favorite finds in Disney for boys.
Disney For Boys
My nephews absolutely love Walt Disney World. From blasting off into outer space with Buzz Lightyear and racing around Test Track they never tire of a day full of fun. Don’t forget the Pirates, they may just come face to face with Captain Jack himself on occasion.
In the parks there are so many attractions for boys, I almost think more than girls to be honest. Be sure not to miss meet and greet experiences with Buzz Lightyear, Stitch and Mickey Mouse. If you have a Star Wars fan in the family head right to Hollywood Studios and immerse yourself in a day of Jedi training, meeting Kylo Ren and taking a trip through the Empire. You will want to close the park and stay for the Galactic Fireworks Spectacular.
Here are many extra activities you can do with boys outside the parks
- Wagon Ride: Take a 45-minute wagon ride and explore the Fort Wilderness Campground each night at 7:00 and 9:30 pm and depart from in front of Pioneer Hall. No reservations are needed, just show up with cash.
- Pin trading is always an option, but so are pressed pennies which you can find all around the parks and even cool swizzle sticks (straws) you get in drinks. We also collected tons of stickers from cast members for free.
- Rent a bike: Trails can be found around all of the Disney resort hotels. Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness have the most extensive trails.
- Arcades: Throughout Disney World resorts you will find arcades for all ages open from 7:00 a.m. to midnight.
- Child Activity Centers: Located throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Children’s Activity Centers are areas for children 3 to 12 where they can watch movies, play with other kids, have dinner and snack and more. This is an option for parents to drop their kids off so there is a fee.There are 5 Children’s Activity Centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels: Simbas Cubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Never Land Club at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Cub’s Den at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Disney Barber Shops & Bibbitty Bobbidi Boutique: The Boutique offers a ‘pirate’ and ’knight’ package for boys. This Knight package includes hair styling and a sword and shield. Make reservations in advance. The Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street, U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom offers haircuts and colored hair gel. For little ones, Harmony Barber offer a My First Haircut special with complimentary Mickey ears and a certificate.
- Tri-Circle D Ranch: Tri-Circle D Ranch is the home of the horses that pull the trolleys down Main Street in Magic Kingdom. You can visit the ranch at Ft. Wilderness to see farm animals and take pony rides 10 am to 5 pm.
- Pirate Adventure: Wanna-be buccaneers between the ages of 4 and 12 can board a pirate-themed boat around Disney Resort in search of pirate treasure during a swashbuckling high-seas adventure. On this guided expedition, each scallywag enjoys a light snack and beverage, learns how to talk like a pirate, visits legendary ports-of-call, and—if he or she is lucky—returns with a bag of pirate booty! Disney’s Pirate Adventure is a 2-hour sailing voyage that takes place each day at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Disney also offers a paid fishing excursion on Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon and includes fishing equipment, rod, reel, artificial bait, and non-alcoholic drinks. Guests will also receive a 1 year membership to BASS (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society) which includes 11 issues of Bassmaster Magazine (1 membership per excursion). Each Excursion can accommodate up to five (5) Guests per pontoon boat and two (2) Guests per Nitro Bass boat.
- Miniature Golf- Disney has two Mini golf courses: Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course inspired by Walt Disney’s Fantasia, and Disney’s Santa Claus-themed Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course—both offer 36 holes of fun for Guests of all ages and are open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Do you have tips for visiting with boys?