If you have ever visited ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for dinner, then you will love this make at home Disney recipe. This dish is my favorite in all of Disney, I could skip the entire meal and just eat this bread pudding. We visited ‘Ohana for breakfast and I asked for it, unfortunately they were not able to satisfy my craving. If you have never had it then you need to book a trip NOW and go order this dessert.
‘Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas-Caramel Sauce
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups French or ‘Ohana breakfast bread
- In bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium (usually 2-inch) pieces and place on cookie sheet pan. Put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted: about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan, and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes
BANANAS FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup spiced rum
1 cup banana slices
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
- Add spiced rum and flambe.
- Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Let me know how it turns out if you make it!